In his brief 32 years J-Dilla, otherwise known as Jay-Dee or James Yancey created and shaped a new sound for Hip-Hop that inspired beat smiths, MCs and music lovers around the globe. With an incredible line of production credits for De La Soul, Tribe Called Quest, Erykah Badu, The Pharcyde, Janet Jackson, Busta Rhymes, Common, D'Angelo, his own crew Slum Village and so many more it is little wonder that J-Dilla has been described as a visionary, a genius & the quintessential producers' producer by some of the most respected names in the game. The fact that both Pharell Williams & Kanye West name him as their major inspiration speaks volumes to the influence of his distinctive "Dillasound". His own albums "Rough Draft" & "Donuts" on Stones Throw, "Welcome 2 Detroit" & "The Shining" on BBE Records" standout as masterpieces of modern music production and capture the imagination of producers, DJs & all music lovers across the world. For the second volume of the Dillanthology series K7 Records present collection of his unique remixes for artists including Busta Rhymes, The Pharcyde, De La Soul, Artifacts and Masta Ace & more.
1. De La Soul - 'Stakes Is High (Remix)' (feat. Mos Def / Truth Enola)
2. The Pharcyde - 'Y? (Be Like That) (Jay Dee Remix)'
3. Masta Ace - 'Sitting On Chrome (Ummah Remix)'
4. Slum Village - 'Fall In Love (Remix)'
5. Four Tet - 'As Serious As Your Life (Jay Dee Remix)'
6. Busta Rhymes - 'Whoo Ha (Jay Dee Remix)'
7. Artifacts - 'The Ultimage (Jay Dee Remix)'
8. Mood - 'Secrets Of The Sand (Remix)'
9. Steve Spacek - 'Eve (Jay Dee Mix)'
10. DJ Cam - 'Love Junkie (Jay Dee Remix)'
11. Brother Jack McDuff - 'Oblighetto (J Dilla Remix)'