Out July 13th on Tru Thoughts, is the second album from Quantic Presenta Flowering Inferno, the tropical dub/reggae side project that Quantic introduced to the world with 2008's highly acclaimed 'Death Of The Revolution'. With the Flowering Inferno, Will ??Quantic?? Holland brings dub and reggae flavours to the Latin American and African sounds that he has been chasing round the globe since he first started collecting records. He recorded the album in his Sonido Del Valle studio in Cali, Colombia, the city he has called home since his relocation in 2007.
An album inspired by soundsystem culture but widened out far beyond just reggae and dancehall styles ??Dog With A Rope?? is a Tropical soundclash - encompassing a heavy bass and reggae aesthetic alongside the Tropical dance-orientated music from Cuba, Puerto Rico and Colombia. A true musical obsessive, Holland??s insatiable drive to create new sounds has seen him record and release fourteen full albums under various guises in less than ten years, selling well over 100,000 records in the process and gaining worldwide acclaim as one of the leading lights of the leftfield dance music world. His last album, 2009's 'Tradition In Transition' by Quantic and his Combo BÃÃÃÂ¡rbaro, scaled the official European World Music Charts, gaining heavy radio and tastemaker support and rave reviews in the likes of Q, MOJO, The Guardian, The Independent On Sunday, XLR8R and many more publications worldwide...
1. Dog With A Rope (Produced By: Quantic)
2. Dub Y Guaguanco (Produced By: Quantic)
3. Swing Easy (Produced By: Quantic)
4. Echate Pa'lla (Produced By: Quantic) instrumental
5. Portada Del Mar (Produced By: Quantic)
6. Cumbia Sobre El Mar (Produced By: Quantic)
7. Te PicÃÃÃÂ³ El YaibÃÃÃÂ (Produced By: Quantic) instrumental
8. No Soy Del Valle (Produced By: Quantic)
9. Echete Pa'lla (Produced By: Quantic)
10. Te PicÃÃÃÂ³ El YaibÃÃÃÂ (Produced By: Quantic)