In 2005 and again in 2006, Stones Throw's Peanut Butter Wolf posted holiday mixes on their web-site. This year, they are taking things a step further with their first officially licensed holiday album, combining obscure vinyl archaeology - the weird, the strange, the funky - with old fashion Happy Holidays style for Chrismtmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, and whatever else you may celebrate. From the funky rap free-for-all that is "Cold Chillin' Christmas" to the snow-free Miami booty bass of "What You Want For Christmas" by the 69 Boyz & Quad City DJs, Wolf has got your vintage hip-hop bases covered. For the funk lovers, there's the slept-on classic "Go Power At Christmas Time" by James Brown and a little-known Soul Saints Orchestra tune from the Poets of Rhythm archives called "Santa's Got a Bag of Soul." From there, the comp ranges stylistically from reggae to avant-garde robot singing. And if that's not hot enough to roast your chestnuts, then check out the exclusive contributions by Stones Throw artists James Pants, Georgia Anne Muldrow and Baron Zen.
YO! YOU BETTER WATCH OUT,
YOU BETTER NOT CRY,
YOU BETTER NOT POUT,
I'M TELLING YOU WHY:
BADD SANTA WILL BEAT YOUR @#$!!!
1. James Pants: This Christmas Girl
2. Hard Call Xmas: My Christmas Bells
3. The Free Design: Close Your Mouth It's Christmas
4. Super Jay: Santa's Rap Party
5. Georgia Anne Muldrow: Kwanzaa
6. Cocoa Tea: Christmas Is Coming
7. 69 Boyz and K-Nock with Quad City DJ's: What You Want For Christmas
8. The Soul Saints Orchestra: Santa's Got a Bag of Soul
9. Busy Boys: Funky Fresh Christmas
10. Bruce Haack: I Like Christmas
11. James Brown: Go Power At Christmas Time
12. Vince Guaraldi: Skating
13. Scoopy Rap: Scoopy
14. Baron Zen: My Lovely Christmas
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!