Madlib- maverick, prolific, and tirelessly uninhibited. WLIB AM: King Of The Wigflip plays like the days when AM radio ruled the airwaves, transmitting a crackling, low-fi melange of endless sample fodder, vocal snippets, and sonic intuition, turning singles into stars anf lippin wigs with each twist of the dial. WLIB AM: King Of The Wigflip finds Madlib venturing away from the deconstruction of world rhythms on recent projects and returning to his Western hemisphere roots in hip hop and R&B.
"Madlib was not consciously meant to be last in the Beat Generation series," says BBE's Peter Adarkwah, but when considering the producer to which he is most often associated- the late J Dilla- it is without question the proper closure.
1. Beat Konducta (aka Madlib) - 'The New Resident'
2. Guilty Simpson - 'Blow The Horns On 'Em'
3. Georgia Anne Muldrow - 'The Plan Pt. 1'
4. Beat Konducta (aka Madlib) - 'Tension'
5. Defari - 'Gamble On Ya Boy'
6. MED (aka Medaphoar) feat. Poke - 'The Ox (805)'
7. Beat Konducta (aka Madlib) - 'All Virtue'
8. J. Rocc - 'Blindfold Test #10 (He Don't Play)'
9. Prince Po (of Organized Konfusion) - 'The Thang-Thang'
10. Madlib - 'Heat'
11. Beat Konducta (aka Madlib) - 'Smoke Break'
12. Beat Konducta (aka Madlib) - 'The Plan (Reprise)'
13. Karriem Riggins - 'Life'
14. Beat Konducta (aka Madlib) - 'Parklight'
15. Frezna - 'Yo Yo Affair Pt. 1 & 2'
16. The Professionals (Oh No + Madlib) - 'I Want It Back'
17. Beat Konducta (aka Madlib) - 'Disco Dance'
18. Liberation (Talib Kweli + Madlib) - 'What It Do'
19. Roc C feat. Oh No - 'Take That Money'
20. Frank-N-Dank - 'Drinks Up!'
21. Stacy Epps - 'The Way That I Live'
22. Murs - 'Ratrace'
23. Guilty Simpson - 'Go!'
24. Beat Konducta (aka Madlib) - 'Stop'